Tean, consisting of the villages of Upper and Lower Tean, is in Staffordshire and can easily be reached by following the A522, off the A50 between Stoke and Derby. Great Wood Hall is located on Hollington Road, just off the High Street, Upper Tean. The Hall consists of a Main Hall, Committee Room and Toilets. The hall has limited car parking at the front of the building at present and additional car parking will be added by providing access to the playground at the back of the hall.
The committee bring to the hall skills in building & maintenance, computing, fund raising, project management.
The hall is a registered charity (no. 522775) and although a non profit making organisation it is allowed under the terms of the constitution/Trust Deed to raise funds by letting the hall.
Any funds raised go towards meeting the objectives of the hall.
- To support community activity by providing facilities for meetings, lectures, classes, recreation or other leisure time activities:
- for the benefit of the inhabitants of Upper & Lower Tean, in the Parish of Checkley, and their surrounding area.
- to those individuals who have a need by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances; and the public at large.
- in the interest of social welfare and community spirit with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants.
- without the distinction of age, gender, race; or their financial circumstances, or their political, religious or other opinion.
Take a moment to look around our site. We offer links to local companies and services, free puzzles as well the ability to hire out your local hall. The hall is available for hire for parties, dances, meetings, classes, lectures, recreation and leisure time activities.
In general, the hire charges are:
£13 per hour for the main hall
£10 per hour for the small room
Extras services available…
Capacity upto 180 people!